Search This Blog

10 Apr 2015

How to register your passport number to ICA of Singapore?

Singapore [新加坡] • APRIL 2015
I'm a Malaysian and holding a Singapore PR . I've just got a new passport. When I visited Singapore recently with my new passport , the Singapore Duty Officer advise me to update my new passport number because they have my old passport number in their system. The Singapore Duty Officer could not update for me because I need to personally sign into the website Immigration & Checkpoints Authority using my SingPass account.

A valid Re-Entry Permit (REP) is necessary whenever a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) wishes to travel out of Singapore. It will enable the Permanent Resident to retain his/her SPR status while away from Singapore.
A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her SPR status.
You may submit an application via e-REP 3 months before the expiry date of your current REP.
Please check your application status via e-REP and make payment within the stipulated date.  If payment has not been make, your application will be withdrawn.
By using e-REP, it will save you a trip to ICA Building.  You need not submit any documents unless requested so.
(b) In Person at Permanent Resident Services Centre (PRSC)*

* Permanent Resident Services Centre (PRSC)
5th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road (Next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718
Tips : 
Register your new passport number to ICA for your Re-Entry Permit / PR.

1. Go Here

2. Must remember your Singpass password and log in
If you forgot your Singpass password
You need to  "Apply SingPass" service and get the new password mailed to you within 4 working days for local addresses.  (Note: Your new SingPass will be posted to your address registered with the Government)

  • Using this online request service (The SingPass will be mailed to you within 4 working days for local addresses), orProceeding to nearest SingPass counter location (immediate issuance of SingPass)

The following groups are eligible to apply for SingPass:
Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident
Employment Pass and Personalised Employment Pass holders
EntrePass holders
S-Pass holders
Dependant Pass holders (of EP, PEP, EntrePass and S-Pass holders)
Selected Work Permit Holders*

3. Select Transfer of Re-Entry Permit.

4. It will prompt you to select transfer application for - Self or Child Under 21 years Old. Click Proceed once you select the options above. 

5. You need to enter your new passport no, date of issue, date of expiry, place of issue, nationality once done click Proceed.

6. Once you completed the above it will show - The REP application has been successfully transferred. Please proceed to print the Re- Entry Permit of the Applicant by clicking the [Print REP]button.

7. If you don't have a printer at home. Save in pdf file and save it into your handphone, laptop, ipad, as long as you have the copy of the REP application with you to show to the Singapore Duty Officer.

All renewal of REP will be capped at a maximum of 5 years. You may submit an application via e-REP 3 months before the expiry date of your current REP.


Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise